Marc Madnick, co-founder and CEO of Final Draft, Inc., moved to Los Angeles in 1986 to follow his dream of being a screenwriter.
Like many aspiring and professional screenwriters of the time, he found the process of writing a script trying and time-consuming.
The problem was not a lack of ideas, but rather the lack of any word-processor capable of automatically formatting a script to Hollywood’s stringent standards. This experience led Madnick and former partner Ben Cahan to the creation of Final Draft, a fully dedicated scriptwriting software application that automatically formats your script to Hollywood’s industry standards.
A very strategic marketer, Madnick knew that if he could convince Hollywood’s heaviest hitters (Tom Hanks, Oliver Stone, and Lawrence Kasdan, to name a few) that Final Draft software will save them time and money, he’d have a chance at success. Just five years after its inception and Madnick’s aggressive marketing campaign, Final Draft scriptwriting software had become the entertainment industry standard for scriptwriting and the market leader among its competitors worldwide.
With the company now in its 20th year and the eighth version of the software, Final Draft, the application and its brand, continues to grow in popularity and into new markets throughout the world.
We are currently looking to fill a position of a Sales Rep for Melbourne.
This would a contract role: Please email Andrew if you are ineterested if finding out more about this exciting role.
- 18/01/2012 Software Only is proud to welcome Dot to Australia
- 20/12/2011 Software Only Appointed to Distribute nomadbrush
- 20/12/2011 WINNER OF MACWORLD’S 27TH ANNUAL EDITORS’ CHOICE AWARD!
- 11/11/2011 Retrospect 9 for Mac - Press Release
- 17/02/2011 Software Only announces availability of PowerSync Cart for iPad in Australia
- 30/07/2010 Software Only releases Retrospect 8.2 for Mac
- 19/01/2010 VPN Tracker 6.1 brings virtual private networks to the next level equinux releases VPN Tracker 6.1 with improved interoperabili